Brand Story Mickey Mouse is synonymous with Disney, and that’s because he’s their official mascot. But cartoon Mickey (who was originally named Mortimer!) has plenty of characters to keep him company thanks to Walt Disney Studios. Its prolific animated feature films have captured the imagination of children from one to 92 for decades.Located in Burbank, California, the enormous media corporation of today began back in 1923 by the Disney brothers, Walt and Roy. They first started producing silent movies, but by 1928, the famous Steamboat Willie, starring Mickey Mouse, began the tradition of synchronized sound. By 1929 the fun-loving mouse was a comic strip and soon thereafter the brothers were making color movies.Before long the popular feature-length animations like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Bambi and Cinderella were created. 1950 saw the first completely live-action feature, Treasure Island and Disney’s foray into television, which was a complete success. The long-running series, Disneyland, began a relationship with the ABC network that is now owned by Disney. This TV series was the inspiration for the theme parks, 14 of which exist today around the world.Walt Disney died in 1966 and Roy took over, releasing The Aristocats in 1970 as the first animated film without his brother’s input. Thankfully, the movie was a big hit. But by 1971 Roy also died, and the control of the company went to Walt’s son-in-law, Ron Miller, along with Donn Tatum and Card Walker. Through the 1970s and 1980s, there were many partnerships and the brand diversified.Michael Eisner became the CEO in 1984 and broadened the company’s holdings. He kept his post until Robert Iger took over in 2005. Disney now owns and operates within the following industries: entertainment, theme parks and resorts, consumer products and media networks. Who knew one mouse and two imaginative brothers could create such a longstanding empire? From the Manufacturer Keep track of time with this officially licensed Disney vintage Alloy Adult's watch by Ewatchfactory on your wrist. The timepiece displays artwork from your favorite Disney character on the face, and is designed with labeled "hour" and "minute" hands to help young ones learn how to tell time. This classic watch has a polished and matte steel finish and a precision Japan movement for accurate time keeping and a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED DISNEY WATCH- For the Disney Lover, this Officially Licensed Disney Watch features fan favorite beloved characters straight from Disney movies.
- EXCEPTIONALLY DESIGNED- Our timepieces were designed to stay simply classic with a vintage-inspired look, suitable to be worn for business or everyday use. The case diameter measures 38mm, and the strap size of 18mm.
- QUALITY MATERIALS- Crafted with the highest quality material for cases and straps and precise Japanese Quartz Movement for accurate time keeping. This watch also features a scratch-resistant mineral crystal to help protect your timepiece.
- WATER RESISTANT- Up to 30 meters (100ft), meaning safe to wear in the rain or get splashed. DO NOT recommend wearing it when bathing, swimming, diving, etc.
- PERFECT GIFT- Whether for yourself or a Disney Fan, this is the perfect gift to invoke your most favorite character memories. Great for graduation, birthday, anniversary, retirement or any special occasion.