There’s only one Original Slinky Brand! Celebrate 75 years of wiggly-jiggly fun with Slinky! Generations of children and adults have loved playing with Slinky. This classic metal spring toy walks downstairs, alone or in pairs, and makes a slink-ity sound. First invented by mechanical engineer Richard James in 1943 during an experiment with tension coils. James accidentally dropped a spring on the floor and watched as it began to “walk.” Two years later, he introduced his walking spring toy in Gimbels Department Store during Christmas, and the Slinky immediately sold out. Since its debut, over 300 million Slinkys have been sold worldwide. In 2000, this classic toy was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame. Made 75 years ago, Slinky continues to be a favorite toy of children and adults all over the world. Slinky is fun for a girl or a boy and makes an ideal gift, stocking stuffer, prize, or present. Everyone loves a Slinky! Ages 5+
- There’s only one Original Slinky Brand Celebrate 75 years of wiggly-jiggly fun with Slinky Generations of children and adults have loved playing with Slinky.
- There’s only one Original Slinky brand
- Includes one classic metal Slinky, 2.75-inches in diameter
- Educational Focus: Large Motor Skills, Creative Thinking
- Stretches, wiggles, walks, and jiggles.
- Ideal for presents, party favors, Easter baskets, grab bags, prizes and stocking stuffers
- Ages 5plus